Managing The Database Environment – it265 (3 credits)
This course provides an introduction to the installation, configuration, support, availability and recovery of databases. The considerations for database administration addressing the requirements for user access, security, backup and recovery will be covered in this course.
- Explain Data Administration Strategy.
- Describe DBA Tools.
- Identify DBMS requirements.
- Explain database standards.
- Describe how database design affects application design.
- Explain physical and logical design.
- Define database transactions.
Database Change Management
- Explain database change management requirements.
- Recognize types of database change.
- Explain effects of database change.
- Explain database optimization.
- Explain database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Determine database security strategies.
- Describe user access to the database.
- Define database availability.
- Determine cost of database availability.
Database Backup and Recovery
- Identify database availability procedures.
- Identify database backup and recovery procedures.
The Role of the DBA
- Describe DBA Tasks.
- Explain types of DBAs.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.