it282 | undergraduate
Computer Software Fundamentals
topic title goes here
Maintaining and Supporting Operating Systems
- Identify areas of concern when maintaining operating systems.
- Explain how operating systems are supported.
Security of Operating Systems
- Describe steps to secure operating systems.
- Describe security features of Windows® operating systems.
Legacy Operating Systems
- Describe features of legacy Windows® operating systems.
- Explain potential issues involved with supporting legacy Windows® operating systems.
- Describe how older applications can be supported by current operating systems.
- Develop a training guide for operating system support.
Introducing Operating Systems
- Compare operating systems to other software.
- Describe how operating systems have changed.
- Identify components and functions of operating systems.
Installing Operating Systems
- Describe how to install Windows® operating systems.
- Identify areas of concern when installing operating systems.
Microsoft® Windows® 7
- Describe how to install a Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
- Identify areas of concern when installing and maintaining Microsoft® Windows® 7.
- Explain how Microsoft® Windows® 7is supported.
Troubleshooting and Upgrading Operating Systems
- Describe troubleshooting techniques for operating system-related problems.
- Compare the process of upgrading an operating system to performing an original installation.
Networking Operating Systems
- Explain potential problems and solutions when connecting an operating system to a network.
- Explain how networking functions in operating systems.
- Describe steps to enable networking on a workstation.
Personal Computers and the Internet
- Differentiate between Internet and network connections.
- Describe steps to connect a workstation to the Internet.
- Explain potential problems and solutions when connecting an operating system to the Internet.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.