Computer Maintenance And Troubleshooting –
This course is an introduction to computer hardware and software maintenance and troubleshooting. Each module of the course will focus on typical problem scenarios, diagnostics, procedures and solutions. The final module of this course provides you with a problem scenario to demonstrate your understanding of diagnostic skills and solution implementation. This course includes remote access to hands-on LiveLabs and Scenarios.
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Fundamental Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Techniques
- Identify aspects of troubleshooting theory.
- Identify diagnostic procedures and tools.
Tools, Diagnostics, and Troubleshooting for Computer Hardware
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve a failed boot.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve memory-, hard drive-, and motherboard-related problems.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve problems related to peripheral devices.
Power Supply Diagnostics and Repair
- Identify procedures for measuring the power supply voltage.
- Apply troubleshooting techniques to solve electrical system problems.
Troubleshooting Operating Systems
- Identify procedures for recovering an operating system.
- Identify solutions to operating system-related problems and error-messages.
- Identify recovery sequences for a failed application install.
Diagnosing Operating Systems
- Identify how diagnostic utilities are used to solve operational problems.
- Describe how the Microsoft® Windows utility is used to prevent and troubleshoot problems.
Printer and Scanner Troubleshooting
- Analyze data to determine the causes of printer and scanner problems.
- Identify solutions to printer and scanner problems.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Computer Networks
- Apply techniques to diagnose network-related issues.
- Identify driver and network interfaces, protocols, permissions, and firewall configurations.
Diagnostics and Troubleshooting Computer Security
- Identify computer security technologies and diagnostic tools.
- Recognize practices used in social engineering.
Computer Maintenance and Troubleshooting Capstone
- Troubleshoot an operating system problem.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.