lco348 | undergraduate
Advanced Group Communication And Leadership
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Group and Team Communication
- Identify ethics and conflict in teamwork.
- Evaluate the role of leadership in teamwork.
- Define the concepts of groups and teams.
- Summarize the importance of expectations, goals, and agenda setting in teams.
Innovation, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Assess problem identification, analysis, and solution building in a group.
- Identify and explain the process of decision making in a team, including common decision modes.
- Identify the importance of idea generation in a team along with best practices in a group.
- Define innovation, creative thinking, and brainstorming.
Overcoming Team Challenges and Conflict Through Effective Leadership
- Recognize common problems in teams and identify solutions for leaders.
- Identify the roles that groupthink and competition play in a group.
- Evaluate sources of conflict in a team.
Communication Styles, Team Dialogue, and Shared Vision
- Evaluate leadership and its impact on creating team vision.
- Assess types of listening and the impact of active listening on group communication.
- Identify verbal and nonverbal strategies for effective facilitation in teams.
- Analyze the role of negotiation in effective team communication.
Team Roles, Development, and Analysis
- Describe critical thinking and reasoning in relation to effective team communication.
- Assess the roles of analysis and information sharing in a team.
- Identify and evaluate team attributes and their effect on team success.
- Evaluate organizational environment and its relationship to individual team or group members.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.