Practical Leadership – ldceu1010 (0 credits)
Recently promoted managers, successful employees or other individual contributors who seek to become more influential in their organization require an expanded understanding of leadership. In this course, students will explore the practical skills needed to transition from being an individual contributor to becoming a leader of diverse teams to achieve business results. This course provides 0.8 continuing education units in two, 4-hour workshops.
This non-credit course is 2 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
- Determine strategies to overcome communication barriers
- Identify methods to overcome issues among team members
- Determine ways to write a vision statement
- Discuss how to develop a mission statement
- Explore project timelines and SMART goals
- Identify ways to manage diversity in organizational teams
- Identify an organization’s core values
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs/PDUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.