mat538 | Graduate
Middle School Foundations And Philosophy
topic title goes here
Curriculum and Instruction in Middle Level Education
- Examine the implications of No Child Left Behind (NCLB) for middle school education.
- Assess the benefits and the disadvantages of tracking or grouping students in middle school.
- Analyze the interdisciplinary/multidisciplinary curriculum approach.
- Correlate a middle level content curriculum area to national and state standards.
Curriculum and Instruction in Middle Level Education (cont.)
- Evaluate middle school instructional strategies.
- Apply assessment tools used to measure instructional success.
- Determine effective uses of technology in a middle school setting.
Managing the Middle Level Learning Environment
- Analyze classroom management theories used in the middle school.
- Describe a positive and productive middle school learning environment.
- Examine the link between effective teaching and classroom management.
Middle School Structure
- Examine the history of junior high and middle schools.
- Describe an appropriate classroom configuration for adolescent learners.
- Analyze how the components of the school affect the learning environment.
- Appraise resources and opportunities unique to the middle level.
Managing the Middle Level Learning Environment (cont.)
- Evaluate physical, emotional, and academic safety of a middle school campus.
- Examine the importance of family and community involvement.
Characteristics of Middle Level Education
- Analyze how physical, intellectual, emotional, character, and social development impact learning.
- Examine the implications of diversity for instruction and for learning in middle level education.
- Describe important ideas, principles, and understandings needed to be effective middle level teacher.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.