med556 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Technology
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Educational and Instructional Technology
- Locate technology research tools to foster student learning.
- Differentiate between teacher centered and learner centered strategies.
- Apply the ASSURE and TIP models of technology integration.
- Identify Web 2.0 resources that assist learning.
- Use educational technology for planning, organizing, and collecting data.
- Use educational technology for administrative purposes.
- Determine strategies for supporting special needs students with technology.
- Determine strategies for supporting ELL with technology.
Teacher as Technology Leader
- Explain processes to acquire technology appropriate for classroom settings.
- Determine opportunities to implement technology that influences student achievement.
- Recommend ways to collaborate for better use of technology.
- Model ethical behavior in the use of technology.
- Incorporate technology across the curriculum.
- Assess technology for effectiveness, efficiency, and engagement.
- All objectives apply.
Foundations of Educational Technology
- Differentiate educational technology and instructional technology.
Describe the key components of 21st century learning.
- Define the issues shaping the use of technology in education.
- Summarize the copyright and Fair Use laws relevant to education.
- Identify the national technology standards.
- Contrast technology and media.
- Describe the changing role of the media center.
- Identify the differences between the one-room computer, a multiple-computer classroom, laptop carts, and computer laboratories.
- List the advantages and limitations of integrating free and inexpensive materials.
- Analyze appropriate technology for learning.
- Determine possible roles for games and simulations in teaching and learning.
- Determine possible roles for social media in teaching and learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.