med570 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Reading Through The Arts
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations of Arts Education
- Determine commonalities between the content areas and the arts curriculum.
- Evaluate lesson plan models using the integrated approach to meet the needs of all learners.
- Apply the elements of art and the principles of design.
Integration of Literature and the Arts
- Explain the rationale for utilizing children’s and young adult literature with the arts.
- Evaluate the quality of a piece of children’s or young adult literature.
Instructional Strategies to Meet the Needs of All Learners
- Propose strategies for engaging students in reading literature.
- Differentiate instruction and activities for students with diverse needs.
Effective Arts Integration in the Classroom
- Develop lessons to effectively apply the arts in the content areas.
- Evaluate assessment strategies in the arts and in the content areas.
- Apply integration principles to the personal classroom experience.
Resources for Arts Integration
- Analyze research supporting arts integration.
- Relate the national and state arts standards to state content area standards.
- Assess available resources for classroom integration of the arts.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.