Effective Management – mgceu1010 (0 credits)
The world of business is increasingly centered on the interaction of different teams, both within and outside the organization. The success of a team within a company is often directly linked to the ability of a manager to lead and manage the team effectively. In order to perform the job well, the manager must understand the different roles of those on the team, and be trained to develop the capabilities of all team members and address issues as soon as they surface. This course will help students gain an understanding of the fundamentals of becoming an effective manager for their team. This course provides 0.8 continuing education units in two, 4-hour workshops.
This non-credit course is 2 weeks. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
- Explain the benefits of delegating tasks
- Examine the key concepts of development coaching
- Identify how to use the PERFORM model
- Examine the roles of team members and the stages of team development
- Identify the different factors of motivation
- Determine the benefits of team meetings and how to prepare and deliver one
- Identify sources of conflict and how to resolve each type
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Units (PDUs) cannot be converted into academic credit. It is the student's responsibility to confirm whether or not CEUs/PDUs earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by employers and/or applicable licensing agencies.