This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Environment of Management
- Explain the differences in the skills, roles, and functions of management.
- Describe the importance of culture, ethics, and social responsibility.
- Identify types of diversity and the important practice of management.
- Explain how internal and external environmental factors influence organizational performance.
- Describe creative problem solving and decision making.
- Explain how managers engage in strategic and operational planning.
- Demonstrate the importance of managing innovation and change.
- Analyze how organizations are designed and how responsibilities are delegated.
- Identify the differences between group and team development and management.
- Explain the human resource management process.
- Identify the benefits of career management and networking.
- Explain the role of power, politics, and conflict management within organizations.
- Analyze how theories of motivation are used to enhance performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of approaches to leadership.
- Evaluate communication channels and information technology systems within organizations.
- Explain control systems and their connection to managing people.
- Analyze the importance of quality control.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.