Green And Sustainable Enterprise Management – mgt360 (3 credits)
This course provides an overview of sustainable management techniques from an economic, social, and corporate environmental responsibility perspective. Special emphasis is placed on production principles, innovative and sustainable practices, and the importance of managing the bottom line in business.
Business Practices and the Biosphere
- Analyze the affect shareholders’ and stakeholders’ concerns have on business decisions.
- Describe how business practices may affect the biosphere.
- Summarize opposing viewpoints on environmental crises.
Implementing and Monitoring Sustainable Business Practices
- Identify barriers to implementing and maintaining a sustainable business plan.
- Develop strategies that may overcome implementation barriers.
- Describe methods to systematically measure and monitor sustainable business plans.
Maintaining a Business Culture of Sustainability
- Identify qualities of effective leadership in creating a culture of sustainability.
- Outline management strategies to develop a business culture of sustainability.
Regulation and Voluntary Sustainable Practices
- Compare mandatory and voluntary business practices.
- Explain major elements of environmental management systems.
- Assess the sustainability of a business’s current practices.
Planning Sustainable Business Practices
- Summarize strategies and practices businesses use to improve sustainability.
- Compare costs and benefits for relevant sustainable business practices.
- Develop a plan to improve sustainable business practices.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.