Sustainable Enterprise Planning –
This course provides an integrative discussion on sustainable enterprise planning. Special emphasis is placed on applying environmental science, systems analysis, environmental economics, resource allocation, and the regulatory environment to developing a sustainable business plan for the future.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Different Work and Working Differently
- Explain the role of leadership, business strategy and metrics in moving from transactional to transformational leadership
- Analyze factors that facilitate organizational alignment
- Identify the role service organizations play in transformation
A Necessary Change
- Identify the drivers of environmental sustainability
- Write Mission Vision and Value statements that incorporate sustainability
- Describe the impact and benefit of ISO 14000
Designing the Sustainability Plan
- Analyze the environmental factors that impact EMS planning
- Outline the components of the EMS plan
- Identify the structure and requirements of ISO 14001
What Gets Measured Gets Done
- Design an EMS measurement system
- Determine recycling strategies for disposed products
- Describe the ISO certification process
Beyond Compliance; Creating Value
- Describe the relationship between sustainability and total quality
- Analyze the impact of a sustainability program on stakeholders
- Create a plan for sustainable transformation and restoration
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.