mgt317 | undergraduate
Critical Skills In Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Organizing, Staffing, and Organizing Teams
- Identify interview strategies to find the best candidates for a work team.
- Summarize the benefits of organizing work teams effectively.
- Define the level of on-boarding and training required for each role in an organization.
- Define the importance of work groups in a global environment.
- Hypothesize the role of performance management in a global environment.
- Investigate the need for unity between management and human resources.
Controlling the Workplace Environment
- Evaluate the steps in an effective control process and compare their impact at each level of an organization.
- Differentiate performance & standards and their importance on the budget process.
- Validate ideologies to neutralize conflicts in the workplace.
- Identify the traits and skills required to be an effective manager.
- Differentiate between the various sources of management authority.
- Summarize the various approaches to management decision making and use them effectively.
- Define the various intricacies managers face in daily operations.
Essential Management - Leadership and Followership
- Understand the relationship between effective communication skills and management success.
- Explain the three major components of the delegation process and utilize them to increase efficiencies.
- Identify leadership styles and how to cultivate followers.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.