mlfcn560 | Graduate
Military Family Counseling: Military History And Culture
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Historical Perspectives of Military Life
- Analyze the effect lengthy wars have on mental health service needs.
- Compare the effects of compulsory military service to volunteer military service on military families.
- Evaluate how Vietnam affected the United States’ response to war, military service members, and the need for mental health care.
- Differentiate between the demographics of compulsory military service members and volunteer military service members.
The Effects of Deployment and War on Military Service Members
- Analyze the emotional and physical effects deployment can have on a military service member.
- Analyze the effects of a physically and psychologically changed military service member on the service member’s family.
- Analyze how separation from the family support system during deployment affects military service members.
Effects of Military Life on the Military Family
- Identify feelings families may have concerning the loss or injury of the military service member.
- Determine the challenging adjustments military families make as a result of military life.
- Identify public- and private-sector resources available to military families.
Evolution of the Military Culture Toward Supporting Mental Health Services
- Evaluate the evolution of mental health services for military families and service members.
- Analyze different types of stigma related to mental health services.
- Analyze current interventions available to military families and service members.
- Identify the unique legal and ethical aspects of counseling military families and service members.
- Determine how rank and pay grade affect the mental health of military families and service members.
Introduction to Military Culture
- Identify cultural characteristics that define military life for families.
- Identify rank and pay grades of military service members.
- Determine the unique cultural factors of each military branch of service.
- Identify nomenclature specific to the military.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.