mte532 | Graduate
Curriculum Constructs And Assessment: Science & Mathematics
topic title goes here
Science and Mathematics Content and Standards
- Integrate national, state, and local technology standards into science and mathematics instruction.
- Identify the specific content and process standards in P–8 science and mathematics.
- Apply national, state, and local science and mathematics standards to instruction and assessment.
Management in the Science and Mathematics Classroom
- Identify specific classroom management issues related to science instruction.
- Identify specific classroom management issues related to mathematics instruction.
- Suggest effective classroom management strategies that can be used during science and mathematics instruction.
Science and Math Instruction for Diverse Learners
Examine current trends and issues regarding differentiating mathematics instruction for diverse learners.
- Analyze strategies for adjusting and modifying the learning environment.
- Analyze instructional strategies that are used to adapt and modify learning activities.
Problem Solving in Science and Mathematics
- Apply questioning strategies and learning activities that elicit, engage, and challenge students’ thinking for successful problem solving in real-life scenarios.
- Analyze a variety of instructional tools that are designed to help students reason, solve problems, and communicate effectively in science and mathematics.
Inquiry and Interactive Learning in Mathematics
- Identify the key components of inquiry-based learning in mathematics.
- Use appropriate, interactive learning strategies for the teaching of mathematics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and standards for school mathematics.
Inquiry and Interactive Learning in Science
- Identify the key components of inquiry-based learning in science.
- Use appropriate, interactive learning strategies for the teaching of science.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and standards for school science.
Assessment in Science and Mathematics
- Determine the need for ongoing program evaluation in science and mathematics.
- Develop formative and summative assessments in science and mathematics that are aligned with standards and that guide instruction.
- Evaluate assessment techniques, tools, and strategies that are used to measure student learning in science and mathematics.
Integrating Science and Mathematics in Curriculum, Instruction, and Techno
- Examine the effect of technology on science and mathematics content and processes.
- Develop an integrated unit involving mathematics, science, technology, and other content areas as appropriate.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.