topic title goes here
- Identify professional development opportunities in global languages available in your state.
- Analyze the importance of staying current in global languages education.
- Review the roles of global languages professional organizations.
- Analyze professional resources available to global languages teachers.
Integrating Literature, Technology, and Media
- Compile a list of fiction and nonfiction literature to enhance the teaching of global languages.
- Analyze literature reflecting the cultural, social, and historical elements of various global languages.
- Integrate literature and cultural activities into global languages lesson.
- Analyze the legal and ethical issues regarding the use of technology in the classroom.
- Explore various technologies and media that can be used to support instruction in the global languages.
Reading and Writing Strategies
- Evaluate current global languages texts.
- Describe methods to incorporate reading and writing strategies into global languages lessons.
- Examine strategies for building students' comprehension and vocabulary skills in global languages.
- Implement reading and writing strategies in a global languages lesson.
Parent, Teacher, and Community Collaboration
Explore strategies to utilize community resources in the global languages classroom.
- Explore the range of social, health, educational and language-related service agencies and other resources that are available at school and off campus.
- Examine how family and personal experiences shape teaching and learning perceptions in the global languages classroom.
- Explain the importance of parent-teacher communication and collaboration.
- Determine strategies for increasing the level of parental involvement.
Review of Global Languages Education Content Knowledge
Examine your state's teacher licensure examinations for global langauges education.
History and Trends in Global Languages Education
Explain a rationale that supports global languages in the secondary curriculum.
- Explain historical perspectives and trends in the study of global languages.
- Examine current themes and trends in the teaching of global languages.
- Compare and contrast the models of global language education.
Standards and Curricula
- Review the state and/or national standards for global languages education.
- Describe the importance of curriculum mapping in planning and preparation.
Classroom Assessments and Rubrics
- Evaluate the characteristics of effective global languages assessment.
- Analyze formative and summative global languages assessments and rubrics.
- Construct an open-ended assessment.
Instructional Approaches and Strategies
- Review approaches to unit and lesson planning in teaching global languages.
- Propose innovative instructional strategies and materials used to teach global languages to adolescents.
- Analyze ways in which differentiating instruction occurs in the global languages classroom.
- Identify ways in which classroom management techniques can enhance the global languages classroom.
- Analyze effective motivational techniques to engage global languages students.
- Develop an instructional unit for global languages.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.