mth208 | undergraduate
College Mathematics I
topic title goes here
Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Use linear equations in real-world applications.
- Solve equations using formulas
- Use linear inequalities in real-world applications.
- Solve linear inequalities.
- Solve linear equations.
Fundamentals of Algebraic Expressions and Equations
- Identify the coefficients of terms.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Translate English phrases to algebraic expressions.
- Solve problems using order of operations.
- Apply properties of real numbers to algebraic expressions.
- Simplify algebraic expressions by combining like terms.
Graphs and Linear Functions
- Generate graphs.
- Determine the intercepts of a linear equation.
- Determine the slope of a linear equation.
- Create a linear equation using data.
- Evaluate a function using a representation of a function.
- Use linear functions in real-world applications.
Systems of Two-Variable Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Solve systems of linear equations by graphing.
- Solve systems of linear equations algebraically.
- Solve systems of linear inequalities.
- Use systems of inequalities in real-world applications.
- Use systems of equations in real-world applications.
- Use exponents in algebraic expressions.
- Apply exponential principles to scientific notation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.