mth380 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Second Order Differential Equations
- Solve applied harmonic oscillation problems with second order differential equations.
- Find general solutions to Euler equations.
- Use the power series method to solve second order homogeneous differential equations.
- Solve basic second order differential equations with initial values or boundary conditions.
- Use variation of parameters to solve nonhomogeneous equations.
Three-Dimensional Space; Vectors
- Solve equations in three dimensions.
- Describe physical properties using vectors.
- Perform dot products and cross products.
- Evaluate planes in space.
- Evaluate quadric surfaces.
- Determine partial derivatives of functions.
- Evaluate functions of multiple variables.
- Determine continuity of functions.
- Use the Chain Rule for derivatives.
- Compute gradient vectors from directional derivatives.
- Find relative and absolute extrema for functions of two variables.
- Solve basic differential equations.
- Approximate first-order equations numerically using slope fields and Euler's method.
- Model real-life situations using differential equations.
- Use graphical methods to solve autonomous equations.
- Use phase-plane analysis to solve systems of differential equations.
- Use the polar coordinate system.
Identify key features of the graphs of parametric equations.
- Calculate geometric values of parametric curves.
- Graph curves using polar coordinates.
- Identify the equations of conic sections.
- Compute areas and lengths in polar coordinates.
- Apply the polar coordinate system to conic sections.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.