mth213 | undergraduate
Mathematics For Elementary Educators I
topic title goes here
- Synthesize the elementary school mathematics concepts addressed in this course.
- Describe the characteristics of a professional mathematics teacher.
Number Theory and Rational Numbers
- Apply the properties of integers.
- Predict operational outcomes.
- Make reasonable estimates.
- Apply number theory to applications.
Mathematical Standards and Processes
- Explain the six principles of elementary school mathematics as defined by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Explain the five mathematical process standards as defined by National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Apply problem solving strategies.
Algebraic Thinking and Problem Solving
- Use numerical patterns, relations, and functions to solve problems.
- Represent mathematical situations and structures analytically using algebraic symbols.
- Use mathematical models to represent quantitative relationships.
Rational Numbers and Applications
- Solve fraction, decimal, percent, and real number problems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.