nrp552 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Office Procedures Requiring Aseptic Technique and Other Common Office Procedures
- Demonstrate post-procedure wound dressing techniques and patient education for home wound care.
- Distinguish the steps of joint aspiration and injection.
- Distinguish the steps of toenail removal.
- Distinguish the steps for treatment of common eye, ear, and nose emergencies.
- Determine treatment strategies for common office emergencies.
- Distinguish the steps of laceration evaluation in preparation for closure or referral.
- Assemble appropriate antiseptics, anesthetics, and suture material in preparation for wound closure.
- Demonstrate anesthesia, wound closure, and punch biopsy techniques.
- Evaluate volume-time curve and flow-volume loop spirometry results.
- Distinguish obstructive from restrictive patterns on spirometry.
- Determine the appropriate clinical conditions for spirometry testing.
- Compare and contrast normal and abnormal ECG waveforms, segments, and intervals.
- Distinguish ECG abnormalities by rate, rhythm, and source of conduction abnormality.
- Associate ECG abnormalities with type of care required, routine or emergent.
- Evaluate the 12-lead ECG for signs of ischemia or infarct.
- Distinguish appropriate diagnostic imaging for specific conditions or symptoms.
- Determine the appropriate use of contrast when ordering diagnostic testing.
- Distinguish steps in reading X-rays.
- Evaluate X-rays of the chest, long bones, and joints.
- Determine appropriate treatment of fractures.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.