nrp566 | Graduate
This 480-hour precepted clinical course provides students with clinical experiences needed to develop and broaden their clinical skills and judgments. Students will consolidate and refine their acquired skills in assessment and client management in order to attain a level of competency and proficiency that will allow them to function independently in the nurse practitioner role.
This graduate-level course is 30 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Collaboration and Effective Communication
- Demonstrate effective oral case presentation.
Coding and Billing for Documentation
- Analyze patient access issues surrounding various insurance programs.
- Detail appropriate coding and billing procedures.
Preparation for Certification and State Regulations
- Discuss various state licensure and national certification requirements.
Apply clinical experiences to scope of practice for the state of intended practice.
Relate the regulations for prescribing and dispensing medications to scope of practice.
- Prepare a professional portfolio.
Future Trends in Advanced Practice
- Apply appropriate test-taking strategies.
- Synthesize program competencies in clinical practice.
Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- Reflect on individual progress through the Family Nurse Practitioner program.
- Apply national guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases.
Grand Rounds (Pharmacy)
- Compare and contrast methods used in diagnosis and treatment.
- Identify the Schedule II-VI classes of drugs and their appropriate use.
- Compare and contrast the prescribing abilities between eligible prescribers for the state of intended practice as it relates to scheduled medications.
Grand Rounds (Disease)
- Compare and contrast methods used in assessment and diagnosis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.