ntc249 | undergraduate
Wide Area Networking Concepts
topic title goes here
- Analyze network security risks.
- Compare and contrast private key and public key encryption.
- Identify how different types of firewalls protect networks.
- Discuss the different types of wireless signals as they relate to a WAN.
- Design a WAN.
- Describe the main protocols used for voice over IP (VoIP).
- Describe the components that make up a wide area network (WAN).
- Differentiate between data, voice, and video network traffic.
- Define a private branch exchange (PBX).
Network Technology and Protocols
- Discuss the differences between public and private networks.
- Identify the purpose of subnetting and default gateways.
- Describe Ethernet, Token Ring, and Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI).
- Explain how a virtual local area network (VLAN) would be used in a corporate environment.
- Identify the function of a Channel Service Unit/Data Service Unit (CSU/DSU).
- Determine appropriate situations for using Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) and cable connection services.
- Compare and contrast packet switching and circuit switching.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.