ntc255 | undergraduate
Storage And Management Of Data
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Information Storage and Data Centers
- Discuss Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) implementation, levels, and influence on application performance
- Discuss the implications, opportunities, and issues of information growth.
- Explain the key elements and structure of a storage system and data center environment.
- Identify concepts of virtualization and cloud computing.
Storage Network Technologies
- Describe Storage Area Network (SAN), Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), and Networked-Attached Storage (NAS) storage networking technologies.
- Discuss how to apply storage network technologies to meet application network requirements.
- Understand how to implement NAS for file and data sharing in an organization.
Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity Planning, and Virtualization
- Explain the key elements of disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Identify techniques and methods for backup and recovery.
- Explain effective backup and recovery strategies and implementation.
- Describe the benefits, components, and implementation of virtualization.
- Analyze the use of cloud computing infrastructures and frameworks.
- Discuss cloud computing service models.
- Understand cloud computing deployment options.
- Identify key storage considerations to evaluate before migrating to a cloud computing environment.
Network Storage Security and Management
- Describe potential risks and threats in virtualized and cloud storage environments.
- Describe security measures, tools, techniques, and methods to protect information and assets in virtualized and cloud storage environments.
- Explain approaches to manage and monitor storage infrastructure.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.