ntc361 | undergraduate
Network And Telecommunications Concepts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Technology, Applications, and Voice Communication
- Identify how emerging technologies support organizational strategy and systems architecture in health care information management.
- Identify telecommunication trends in the health care industry.
- Identify basic concepts of networking technology and applications used in health care information management.
- Explain network topology.
- Differentiate among cable modems, DSL modems, and terminal adapters.
- Identify network design essentials.
- Identify types of networks.
- Identify the regulations that govern specific network infrastructure within a health care organization.
- Explain the need for health care management activities that are supported by the network infrastructure.
- Describe the difference between LAN, WAN, MAN, and PAN.
OSI Model and Protocols
- Explain how the open systems interconnection (OSI) model relates to networking hardware and software.
- Describe network protocols.
- Identify factors that contribute to a health care provider’s ability to maintain privacy and security of data.
- Explain the importance of privacy and security audits.
- Identify the components of a network security plan for a health care environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.