nur391 | undergraduate
Professional Nursing Practice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Theoretical Basis for Nursing Practice
- Describe the relationship between nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Describe the nurse’s role in research.
- Explain the relationship between nursing theory and professional nursing practice.
Trends in Nursing
- Identify current trends in health care and nursing practice.
- Describe new role opportunities for the professional nurse.
The Nursing Profession
- Explain how historical events and persons have contributed to the advancement of the nursing profession.
- Differentiate characteristics between a profession and an occupation.
- Complete the HIPAA tutorial.
Role Transition and Professional Development
- Select time and stress management techniques that address personal and professional challenges.
- Employ critical thinking in addressing client care issues.
- Compile resources for personal and professional development.
Legal and Ethical Concepts of Professional Nursing
- Relate the ANA Code of Nursing Ethics to common ethical issues faced by professional nurses.
- Explain how societal and personal values influence ethical decision making.
- Describe the fundamental legal aspects of professional liability, informed consent, and potential death-related issues.
- Describe the purpose of the Nursing Practice Act.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.