This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Public and Global Health
- Examine global health issues.
- Examine a community emergency and the role of first responders.
- Describe the role of public health care teams in emergency preparation.
- Identify local, state, and national resources in providing public health.
- Apply the principles of epidemiology to disease in vulnerable populations.
- Apply concepts necessary for managing disease in a vulnerable population.
- Examine the roles of nurses in public health settings.
Trends and Issues in Public and Global Health
- Identify emerging public health trends and issues.
Introduction and History of Public Health
- Describe the history of public health.
- Discuss the differences between public health and community health.
- Define legislative processes as it relates to public health.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.