Nursing Leadership And Management In Health Care – nur482 (3 credits)
This course emphasizes leadership and management theory including systems theory in nursing and health care applications. Course content assists the professional nurse in adjusting to various nursing responsibilities such as delegation, change management, and client advocacy. Students are required to successfully complete 45 clinical hours to pass the course.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Change Theory and Continuous Process Improvement
- Apply change theory to clinical practice.
- Identify health care environment changes.
- Define continuous quality and process improvement.
- Define change theory and models.
- Examine the concepts of systems theory.
Supervision and Delegation
- Identify communication patterns as a professional nurse.
- Examine problem-solving methods and decision-making models.
Managing the Work Environment
- Discuss cost containment efforts.
- Review common work environment issues.
Leadership and Management Theory and Models
- Identify and apply models and styles of leadership as it relates to the professional role, managerial decision-making, and client advocacy.
- Evaluate organizational cultures.
- Examine personal leadership and management style.
- Differentiate between leadership and management.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.