topic title goes here
Legal and Ethical Implications
- Discuss legal and ethical issues that influence nursing research.
- Explain how to protect study participants and at-risk populations.
- Describe the institutional review board and use of human subjects.
Application and Wrap-up
- Analyze research studies as defined by specified criteria.
- Utilize the triangulation method to determine trustworthiness and validity of findings.
- Evaluate clinical guidelines for application in practice settings.
Integrating Results into Practice
- Analyze systematic reviews of research evidence.
- Discuss the translation of research into practice including clinical practice guidelines.
Introduction to Nursing Research
- Describe the relationship of nursing research to evidence-based practice.
- Explain the historical perspective of nursing research.
- Identify common paradigms for nursing research.
- Describe the qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Define terminology associated with research reports.
Quantitative Research Analysis
- Compare the main designs of quantitative research.
- Describe various statistical measures used in quantitative nursing research.
- Analyze the rigor in quantitative research reports.
Qualitative Research Analysis
- Compare the main designs of qualitative research.
- Interpret a qualitative research report.
- Explain qualitative nursing research in the hierarchy of evidence.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.