Nursing Practicum-b –
This capstone course is designed to provide students with opportunities to integrate and apply previously learned knowledge and skills in a 60-hour practicum. Students develop specific learning objectives that are approved by faculty. Objectives are achieved as a result of working with a nurse mentor and various experts during the practicum.
As of January 1, 2011, all MSN practicum students will be required to complete their MSN practicum projects and 60 hours of clinical time within 12 months. The 12 month deadline will be based on the end date of NUR/590A and the start date of NUR/590B. If students do not complete the project within 12 months, then they will be required to repeat NUR/590A with a new project and an additional 60 hours of clinical time.
Practicum Project – Introduction and Analysis
- Analyze the need for a professional nursing project.
Project Design – Strategies and Outcomes
- Design strategies and outcomes for a professional nursing project.
- Explain strategies for selecting and working with a mentor.
- Develop a professional nursing project.
- Implement a professional nursing project.
- Evaluate the contribution of a professional nursing project to career development.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.