Research Utilization Project –
This is a graduate research course that focuses on the use of a body of nursing knowledge and scientific knowledge in the nursing practice setting. Students develop a proposal to address a problem or concern in the nursing practice, propose an evidence-based solution, develop an implementation and evaluation plan, and describe implementation strategies for the proposed solution.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Overview of Nursing Research Utilization
- Differentiate between research utilization and evidence-based practice.
- Explain research utilization models.
- Select a clinical issue or research problem.
Research Support for the Proposed Solution
- Critique key literature to validate a clinical issue or research problem.
- Propose an evidence-based solution to address a clinical issue or research problem.
- Identify sources of proposal funding.
Development and Monitoring of an Implementation Plan
- Develop a plan to implement a proposed solution.
- Determine criteria measures aligned with planned outcomes.
Development of an Outcome Measure and Evaluation Plan
- Develop a plan to monitor a proposed solution.
- Develop a plan to evaluate the success or failure of the solution to resolve the problem.
Plan for Maintenance, Extension, and Termination of a Solution
- Analyze organizational facilitators and barriers to evidence-based practice changes.
- Develop strategies to maintain, modify, extend, or terminate proposed solutions.
Components of a Research Utilization Project Proposal
- Demonstrate effective communication strategies regarding research utilization proposal dissemination.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.