nur467pn | undergraduate
Clinical Integration: Nursing Management Of Family
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Assessment of Family Abuse
- Identify nursing interventions used in potential/actual instance of abuse.
- Identify the three levels of prevention of abuse.
- Describe the indicators of potential/actual child, spouse, or senior family members.
- Define the legal mandates related to reporting abuse.
Family Nursing Care Plan - Evaluation
- Analyze the implications of the educational program outcomes.
- Report the outcome of the family health education program.
Family Health Education
- Apply the framework for contracting and working with families.
- Using Orem's nursing model, identify a family health education need in collaboration with a family.
- Apply principles of teaching to family health education.
Family Nursing Care Plan – Assessment and Goal Setting
- Identify family structure, functions, developmental level, and health risks.
- Apply principles of cultural assessment in family health care planning.
- Using Orem's nursing model, develop a plan to meet the family's identified health education need.
Orem's Theoretical Framework
- Demonstrate appropriate use of the nursing process for a family using Orem's theoretical framework.
Family Nursing Care Plan – Implementation
- Apply principles of effective interpersonal communication with the family in the roles of teacher and manager of care.
- Develop interventions based on assessments.
- Coordinate family nurse intervention with client/family caregiver and family members.
- Describe community resources available for continued health of the family.
- Define the role of the case manager in family health nursing.
- Identify Internet and other content resources available to families.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.