This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Economics of Disease Prevention
- Evaluate the impact of national healthcare reform, financing, and direct service delivery in the community health setting.
- Compare and contrast the financial expenditures related to the three levels of prevention.
Public Policy Development
- Evaluate the role of the community nurse as a partner in public policy development.
Community Intervention and Evaluation
- Evaluate the role of community assessment in addressing the health care needs of communities and population aggregates.
- Identify opportunities for community health research from community assessment findings.
- Document and analyze the clinical practicum experiences, including self-growth in the professional roles of caregiver, teacher, and manager of care in community health nursing.
Community Health Education
- Evaluate the health of a community aggregate and determine what health education the aggregate needs.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a health education program to promote the health of an aggregate.
- Differentiate between community, community health, community as client, and partnerships for health.
- Identify community assessment evaluation methods and techniques.
- Identify the effects of community partnerships on the health of the community.
- Apply Orem's Self-Care Theory to community health nursing practice.
Community Partnerships and Coalitions for Health
- Identify the community resources at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Identify the role of coalitions and community planning groups in community partnerships.
- Evaluate community health partnership strategies.
Health Care System Delivery
- Describe factors that affect the problem of violence in American communities.
- Examine the American workers and school-aged children as population aggregates.
- Identify evaluation methods and techniques in community health delivery systems.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.