Senior Practicum: Leadership And Management –
This course will provide the student the opportunity to synthesize previous knowledge and skills in a supervised practicum experience with the guidance and approval of the faculty. The final project will integrate the academic and practical knowledge the students have acquired in their program. This course contains 25 hours of clinical experience.
This undergraduate-level course is 7 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
Leadership and Management
- Identify theories and styles of leadership.
- Examine the theories and functions of management.
- Differentiate between leadership and management roles and functions.
Organizational Structure and Culture
- Describe the characteristics and models of organizational structures
- Examine various organizational theories and their implications in health care.
- Identify social and cultural aspects affecting health care organizations.
Change Theory and Models and Evidence Based practice
- Examine the theories and stages related to planned change.
- Assess the responsibilities of leaders and managers as change agents.
- Analyze the utilization of evidence-based research to support change within the workplace.
Human Resource Management
- Describe the role of human resource management in health care.
- Identify issues related to staffing and performance evaluations.
- Determine methods to motivate and develop staff.
- Examine the factors to be considered to support safe and effective delegation.
- Identify the current health care reimbursement sources.
- Review the types, role, and process of budgeting.
- Discuss the impact of health care's financial-based mandates.
- Examine the role of nursing in risk management.
Continuous Process Improvement
- Describe the issues related to quality management in today’s health care arena.
- Explain the relationship between quality improvement and risk management, exploring the concepts of systems theory.
Changing Health Care Systems
- Describe the challenges facing nursing leadership.
- Discuss the barriers and opportunities for nursing in the future.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.