Issues In Advanced Practice – nur550 (3 credits)
This course addresses the changes in health care and their implications for advanced practice nursing. The impact of health care policy, managed care, as well as concepts related to financial responsibility within the health care delivery systems will be examined.
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks. This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
Financing of Health Care
- Compare and contrast socialized medicine versus current health care delivery in the United States.
- Explain various modes of reimbursement for services rendered.
Political Influence in Health Care
- Identify state and national legislative processes.
- Explain the regulatory process of how a bill becomes law.
- Analyze political strategies influencing health care.
Ensuring Quality Care
- Explain the peer review process for the advanced practice nurses.
- Describe regulatory bodies that affect quality of care in health care.
Challenges in Delivery of Care
- Describe the disparities in health care.
- Describe the barriers to health care access.
Effects of Health Policy
- Describe ways to become a health care policy change agent.
- Analyze the effect the media has on health care policy making.
- Explain how health policy can impact advanced practice nursing.
Challenges in Delivery of Care, Continued
- Identify resources to promote and support the needs of vulnerable populations.
- Analyze modes of health care delivery.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.