This course examines the philosophical underpinnings associated with the science of nursing. The student will critique philosophical views of science that have influenced the process of knowledge development and discovery.
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain the metaparadigm of nursing based on the philosophical underpinnings of individual beliefs and environmental factors within the art and science of nursing.
- Determine the influence of patterns of knowing on the evolution of the nursing discipline.
- Analyze the philosophical and ethical issues surrounding the development and use of technology in society and the discipline of nursing.
- Examine the influence of philosophical tenets on discovery and human development in the evolution of science and on the discipline of nursing.
- Evaluate the role and influence of science and scientists in society and the discipline of nursing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.