Creative Minds And Critical Thinking –
In this course students will analyze the thinking process from a critical and creative perspective. The lives of prominent creative thinkers will be examined to identify the social, historical, psychological, and cultural elements that influenced their development. The salient aspects of creativity will be assessed along with the relationship between creativity and critical thinking. Students will apply critical thinking skills to contemporary creative and scientific thought.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks. This course is available to take individually or as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Advisor.
- Describe the importance of critical and creative thinking in today’s society.
- Explain conceptual foundations of thinking.
- Determine methods to overcome hindrances to the critical thinking process.
- Distinguish between perception and reality in messages.
The Creative Thinking Process
- Describe the stages in the creative process.
- Apply techniques to develop curiosity.
- Formulate original solutions to issues and problems.
The Critical Thinking Process
- Apply critical thinking to refine solutions to problems.
- Apply critical thinking to refine solutions to issues.
- Recognize the creative process among famous thinkers.
- Critique famous ideas.
- Devise strategies for persuading others.
- Communicate solutions to issues.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.