Java Programming I – prg420 (3 credits)
This course introduces object-oriented programming in the context of business applications development. The basics of the Java™ programming language are covered.
Advanced Java™ and Object-Oriented Programming
- Apply classes and methods in Object-Oriented Programming at an advanced level.
- Explain inheritance.
- Design, implement, test and debug a simple Java™ program addressing inheritance.
Java™ and Object Oriented Programming Introduction
- Define object-oriented terminology.
- Explain documenting, coding, compiling, executing, testing, and debugging Java™ programs.
Explain the Java™ Virtual Machine (JVM).
Java™ and Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Apply simple I/O and basic computation.
- Apply classes and methods in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Design, implement, test, and debug a simple Java™ program containing objects.
Conditional and Iterative Structures
- Apply standard conditional structures.
- Apply standard iterative structures.
- Design, implement, test, and debug a simple Java™ program containing structures.
Fundamental Data Structures
- Design, implement, test and debug a simple Java™ program containing arrays and strings
- Apply arrays and ArrayList in Java™ programming.
- Apply strings in Java™ programming.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.