prg215 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Control Statements, Methods, and Classes
- Use the Math class and common Java™ API packages.
- Use constructors to initialize objects.
- Call methods that have more than one parameter.
- Execute control statements found in Java™.
- Formulate algorithms using the process of top-down, stepwise refinement.
- Implement the various types of operators in Java™.
Arrays, Exception Handling, and Object-Oriented Programming
- Detect, raise, and handle exceptions.
- Create a GUI-based application.
- Develop programs that use polymorphism.
- Create subclasses extending a superclass.
- Declare, create, and manipulate arrays.
Graphics and Streams
- Implement a GUI using Swing components to allow user interaction with a Java application.
- Use Graphics2D class methods to produce and manipulate basic shapes and lines.
- Use the input/output stream class to create, read, write, and update files.
Java™ Programming Applications
- Describe how Java™ programming is used in web-based applications.
- Implement searching and sorting capabilities into a Java™ application.
- Explain a typical Java™ development environment.
- Create, compile, and execute a basic Java™ program.
- Create and use classes, methods, instance variables, and objects.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.