psy230 | undergraduate
Theories Of Personality: I Think, Therefore Who Am I?
topic title goes here
Personality Traits Over Time
- Distinguish between absolute continuity and differential continuity.
- Discuss trait continuity patterns from infancy through adulthood.
- Compare genetic and environmental influences on trait origins and development.
- Compare and contrast the psychoanalytic, humanistic, and diversity views of human motivation.
- Describe how cognitive styles influence personality.
- Examine the major components of social-cognitive theory.
- Analyze George Kelly's theory of personal constructs.
Stages of Life and Development
- Examine Erik Erikson's eight stages of life.
- Explain Jane Loevinger's stages of ego development.
Narrative Identity and You
- Compose a personal narrative identity.
- Construct a unique personality theory.
- Discuss the meaning and implications of the Big Five basic trait clusters.
The Nature of Traits
- Describe the qualities of an effective trait inventory.
- Compare mechanistic and reciprocal interactionism.
- Compare and contrast the different positions of the nature of traits as presented by 20th-century theorists.
- Describe the five basic dispositional traits.
- Discuss the three levels of personality.
- Explain the three steps of the scientific process as applied to personality psychology.
Social-Learning Theory and Behaviorism
- Describe the three historic periods of modern personality psychology.
- Summarize key concepts of behaviorism and of Bandura's social-learning theory.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.