psy245 | undergraduate
Survey Of Research And Statistics
topic title goes here
Considerations for Conducting Research
- Explain the characteristics of effective qualitative research.
- Evaluate factors that may have an unanticipated influence on research.
- Outline the various types of qualitative research.
- Identify nonexperimental research methods.
- Explain the purpose and process of correlational research.
- Justify the use of ex post facto research.
- Evaluate the design and function of surveys and questionnaires.
- Measure the effectiveness of different sampling methods.
- Compare the different scales of measurement.
- Evaluate measures of central tendency and variability.
- Assess the advantages and limitations of using graphical representations for data.
- Interpret the analysis of correlational data.
- Recognize the key parts of a research article.
- Explain the effects of biased language when reporting research.
- Demonstrate the application of research findings to real-world situations.
Psychological Research and Ethical Considerations
- Articulate the goals of psychological research.
- Apply the steps of the research process.
- Compose research questions.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in research.
- Recognize the influence of cultural diversity on the interpretation of research findings.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.