psy265 | undergraduate
Psychology Of Human Sexuality
topic title goes here
Contraception, Abortion, and Adult Lifestyles
- Analyze trends related to singlehood, cohabitation, and marriage.
- Describe psychological effects women may experience before and after an abortion.
- State the advantages and disadvantages of various contraceptive methods.
Sexuality at Different Life Stages
- Describe sexual behaviors associated with various stages of childhood development.
- Discuss adolescent sexual decision making.
- Outline physical and psychological changes that affect sex later in life.
- Discuss sexuality and people with disabilities.
Paraphilias and Sexual Abuse
- Summarize theoretical perspectives on paraphilias.
- Discuss perspectives on treatments of people with paraphilias.
- Discuss the consequences of childhood sexual abuse and rape.
- State possible treatments for sexual offenders.
Human Sexuality in the Modern World
- Prepare a report on the factors that contribute to one’s sexuality.
- Appraise the effect of the media on the sexual education of adolescents.
Sexual Arousal and Sexual Response Cycle
- Summarize the role of the brain, neurochemicals, and sex hormones in sexual arousal.
- Give examples of the role of the senses in sexual arousal.
- Compare and contrast the stages of sexual response cycles for males and females.
- Discuss the critical thinking involved in sexual decision making.
- Explain the functions of male and female external and internal sex organs.
- Relate various value systems to sexual decision making.
Sexual Dysfunctions and Gender Identity
- Summarize possible causes and treatments of various sexual dysfunctions.
- Discuss various factors in the determination of gender identity.
- Discuss the continuum of masculinity-femininity.
Love and Relationships
- Discuss the components that affect attraction.
- Compare and contrast the various styles of love.
- Identify communication techniques that improve sexual and emotional relations.
Relationships and Homosexuality
- Discuss various sexual techniques.
- Summarize the historical and scientific perspectives on homosexuality.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.