psy285 | undergraduate
Social Psychology: Why Can't We All Just Get Along
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify misconceptions created by self-serving biases.
- Determine how social cognition influences self-concept.
- Determine pros and cons of internal and external locus of control.
- Differentiate between collectivism and individualism.
The Influence of Attitudes and Feelings
- Identify the influence of confirmation bias on perception.
- Discuss how beliefs generate confirmation.
- Recognize the influence of behavior on attitudes.
Psychology of Group Dynamics
- Explain symptoms of and remedies for groupthink.
- Discuss the influence of deindividuation on behavior.
- Discuss solutions to the problem of social loafing.
- Discuss the power of minority influence in group decisions.
Gender Roles and Social Influence
- Determine how authority affects obedience.
- Evaluate the impact of biology and culture on gender differences.
- Identify examples of conformity.
- Apply elements of persuasion to an argument.
- Formulate indoctrination and inoculation tactics.
- Discuss behavior changes that result from the presence of others.
Prejudice, Aggression, and Violence
- Identify sources of prejudice.
- Identify factors that influence aggressiveness.
- Examine media's influence on aggression.
- Determine factors that influence attraction.
- Determine attributes of enduring and failed relationships.
- Identify causes of conflict and methods for reconciliation.
- Describe factors that influence altruism.
Social Psychology at Work
- Summarize the personal impact of social psychology.
- Create a social psychological profile.
Introduction to Social Psychology
- Differentiate between causation and correlation.
- Apply elements of experimental research to a scientific study.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.