topic title goes here
- Describe cultural influences on happiness and self-concept.
Summarize the benefits of positive emotions.
- Describe gender differences, or lack thereof, in positive emotions and reported happiness.
The Self: Who Am I?
- Define self-esteem.
- Explain the impact of culture on the self-concept.
- Describe how self-esteem influences behavior.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of optimism and hopefulness.
- Describe the impact of optimism on physical and psychological well-being.
Introduction to Positive Psychology
- Describe the central themes and strategies of positive psychology.
- Describe the concept of subjective well-being.
- Explain how the concept of subjective well-being is measured.
- Differentiate between hedonic and eudaimonic happiness.
Describe how early attachment styles are associated with later adult relationships.
- Summarize Sternburg’s triangular theory of love.
- Identify characteristics of loving relationships.
Commitment and Goals
- Discuss the relationship between goal selection and well-being.
- Explain the matching hypothesis .
- Describe the role of commitment and confidence in accomplishing a goal.
Examine human virtues and their associated character strengths.
- Describe the attributes commonly associated with wise people.
- Summarize the research on variables that are related to and unrelated to happiness.
- Explain the paradox of affluence.
Exploring Human Strengths
- Review and recap the major concepts of positive psychology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.