topic title goes here
The Science of Psychology
- Explain how psychological research applies to various aspects of personal and social life.
- Determine what guidelines should be applied to the evaluation of psychological research and practices.
- Identify ethical dilemmas that may arise in psychological research.
- Describe the basic biological foundations of psychology.
- Examine the major underlying assumptions of the various schools of thought in psychology.
Memory, Thought, Language, and Intelligence
- Compare and contrast language, thought, reasoning, and problem solving.
- Articulate the relationship between memory and intelligence.
- Explore the definitions of intelligence and the validity of intelligence measurements.
- Examine the processes of memory and information processing.
- Describe short-term memory and long-term memory in relationship to each other.
Motivation and Personality
- Examine basic theories of motivation.
- Compare and contrast theories of personality in terms of how they explain an individual’s unique patterns and traits.
- Determine the usefulness and the limitations of personality testing.
- Distinguish between the influences of heredity and environment on psychological development.
- Identify basic theories of development.
- Explore basic concepts of human interaction from a social psychology perspective.
- Analyze precursors and consequences of human interaction in terms of social psychology concepts.
- Explore the conditioning processes involved with learning.
- Distinguish between classical and operant conditioning.
- Define unconditioned stimulus, conditioned stimulus, reinforcement, shaping, and extinction.
- Examine cognitive-social models of learning.
Abnormal Psychology and Therapy
- Examine mental disorders and mental illness from the psychological perspective.
- Compare and contrast therapies designed for each school of thought in psychology for treating mental disorders.
- Define abnormal psychology in contrast to "normal psychology."
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.