psy301 | undergraduate
This course examines the concepts and practical applications of emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence is the ability to manage one's own internal emotional environment and one's ability to participate in relationships with others. Through a highly interactive format, the course will focus on how to assess basic skills in emotional intelligence, how to develop strategies to improve and enhance basic skill levels, and how to experiment with techniques that facilitate dealing with others of varying emotional backgrounds and competency levels.
topic title goes here
The Nature of Emotional Intelligence
- Examine the importance of emotional intelligence in all aspects of life.
- Analyze the use of emotional intelligence concepts in work life, home life, and personal life.
- Describe the differences between traditional cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence.
The Five Competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Identify the five basic competencies of emotional intelligence.
- Describe each of the five competencies and list at least one behavioral example of each.
- Identify common opportunities people have to improve their use of each of the competencies.
- Describe at least two ways to develop higher skill levels in each competency.
How to Apply the Five Competencies in Daily Life
- Develop a plan to enhance coworkers' emotional intelligence competencies in a specific workplace.
- Develop a customized plan to improve at least one of your individual competencies.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.