topic title goes here
Social Context of Work
- Examine different group and team concepts as they relate to performance and diversity.
- Identify basic concepts of influence and power.
- Understand the basic concepts and theories of organizational development.
- Discuss different leadership theories.
- Explain how the differences between leadership and management affect networking within an organization.
The Individual and the Organization
- Examine the concepts of job satisfaction and how it applies to a success or failure.
- Examine basic concepts of occupational stress.
- Evaluate the different employee motivation theories and discuss some applications to organizational settings.
- Discuss concepts of productive and counterproductive employee behavior.
Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Describe the evolution of industrial/organizational psychology.
- Explain the role of research and statistics in industrial/organizational psychology.
- Discuss how industrial/organizational psychology can be used in organizations.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Assessment
- Discuss the concepts of a job analysis and its uses in organizations.
- Evaluate the reliability and validity of a job analysis.
- Evaluate different performance appraisal methods.
- Explain the benefits and vulnerabilities of performance appraisal methods.
- Analyze the different types of psychological tests that are used in the workplace.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Employees
- Examine the role of industrial/organizational psychology in selecting and training employees.
- Discuss methods for determining the level of success in organizational training programs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.