topic title goes here
Biological Theories and Personality Traits
- Describe trait theories of personality.
- Analyze the five-factor model.
- Analyze the effect of biology on personality.
- Evaluate the influence of biological theories on contemporary personality research.
Personality Theory in Context
- Apply personality theories to social and occupational roles.
- Explain how biological, social, and cultural experiences interact to shape individual personality development.
- Evaluate the strengths and limitations of personality theories from a social and multicultural perspective.
Foundations of Personality
Define personality as it relates to the field of psychology.
- Explain how personality theories are developed and modified through ongoing research.
- Explain the process of critically evaluating research studies on personality.
- Describe Freud’s psychoanalytic theory of personality and its major concepts.
- Evaluate current research studies that address psychoanalytic concepts.
- Evaluate the influence of Freud’s theories on contemporary personality theory.
- Evaluate humanistic theories of personality.
- Explain how researchers have investigated humanistic concepts.
- Differentiate self-esteem, self-concept, and self-actualization.
Behavioral and Cognitive Theories
- Describe behavioral and cognitive theories of personality.
- Explain social cognitive learning theories of personality.
- Evaluate contemporary research studies that address the application of behavioral and cognitive learning principles.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.