History And Systems Of Psychology –
In this course learners examine the history of and different systems in psychology, the development of the discipline of psychology, and key factors that guided its evolution into present form. Different aspects of natural science, including rational and paradigmatic approaches, and how these aspects relate to social science are also examined.
- Develop an understanding of psychology rooted in the field’s historical, philosophical, and scientific foundations.
- Differentiate among different schools of psychology and their theoretical foundations.
- Analyze theories of psychology for validity and situational application(s).
- Justify the application of psychological theories as a way to enhance the understanding of human cognition and behavior.
- The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
- While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Advisor.
- Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.