topic title goes here
- Explore the role of Mnemonics in the recall of verbal stimuli.
- Compare and contrast serial learning, paired associate learning, and free recall.
- Explain the concepts of working memory, short term memory, and long term memory.
- Explain the role of encoding and retrieval in the memory process.
- Evaluate variables associated with encoding information and ease of retrieval.
Understanding the Concept of Learning
- Describe the concept of learning.
- Distinguish between learning and performance.
- Compare and contrast the conceptual approaches to the study of learning.
- Analyze forms of simple stimulus learning.
Individual Differences in Learning and Memory
- Analyze the relationship between genetics and learning.
- Analyze the implications of age, gender, and personality to learning.
- Evaluate learning styles in relation to theories of human learning and memory retrieval.
Classical Conditioning and Learning
- Explain the concept of classical conditioning.
- Analyze the role of awareness in conditioning.
- Evaluate the application of classical conditioning to the learning process.
Instrumental Conditioning and Learning
- Compare and contrast the concepts of positive and negative reinforcement as they relate to learning.
- Evaluate the application of instrumental conditioning to the learning process.
- Explain the role of reward and punishment in the learning process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.