psych628 | Graduate
Evidence-based Interventions In Behavioral Health
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Managing Chronic Illness
- Describe the effects of social support in coping with chronic illness.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of psychological interventions for the management of chronic illness.
- Analyze the effect of personality and attitudes on the course of chronic illness, including hardiness, positivity, and optimism.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Evaluate the effects of expectations and the placebo response on health.
- Evaluate the efficacy of research designs that yield acceptable evidence of complementary and alternative approaches to treatment.
- Justify the use of a major mind–body therapy in the treatment of a specific health condition.
Stress and Sleep Management Techniques
- Justify the cognitive-behavioral approaches to the treatment of insomnia.
- Evaluate the various methods to measure stress and sleep.
- Determine the uses of the cognitive, behavioral, and psychophysiological methods in the treatment of stress.
Behavioral Health Assessment Methods
- Determine uses of assessment methods for interventions in behavioral health.
- Describe the primary methods of assessment in behavioral health.
Evaluating and Improving Adherence
- Describe the major factors that lead to non-adherence.
- Determine appropriate evidence-based techniques to increase adherence.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of motivational interviewing techniques using a specific clinical scenario.
Pain Management Strategies
- Apply pain measurement techniques to treatment planning.
- Determine the uses of the physiological and cognitive treatments of acute and chronic pain.
- Utilize the behavioral and psychosocial components of pain in treatment planning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.